Friday, October 1, 2010

Couscous-Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce

Start to Finish: 1.5 hours
Rated: 7


So for this weekly dinner, I decided to go out of my comfort zone. Kind of way out there. I saw this recipe on the Food Network show Giada at Home while I was in the gym and it just looked so good and easy enough. Well it was good and easy enough, so I'm glad I tried it. It is meatless, so I considered adding chicken to the mix, but I thought I'd leave it as is for the first time. And honestly, I don't feel it was missing anything.

The prep did take longer than I first anticipated. But I believe it's because I was working with newer ingredients and prepping each one.

First, I had to prep the peppers.
P1020809

Then it was time to make the mix.
P1020810

Once the peppers were stuffed, they went into my preheated oven for one hour.
P1020812

I felt nervous about the length of cooking time considering this is my first time baking stuffed peppers. However, I believe Giada has her cooking times absolutely correct. Once the peppers were in the oven, I began to make the basil sauce that everyone in the recipe comments said was to die for. Well I made it, as it said exactly I believe, and I didn't see what all the fuss was about. It certainly didn't taste bad with the peppers, but I don't feel it enhanced them. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, the final product. It was pretty delicious for something new.
P1020814
Get the full recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment