Thursday, September 30, 2010

Basil Pesto Chicken with Parmesan Pasta

Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Rated: 9


I'm a big chicken and pasta kind of girl, so for my first recipe I decided to stay close to my comfort zone. However, this is my first time using pesto as I usually opt for a simple tomato sauce. It was a simple recipe with few ingredients and a very short prep time. The carrots were a nice addition to have a little vegetable and crunch. The chicken and pasta packed a ton of flavor and came out perfectly. I will definitely be making it again.


I also made a delicious white sangria to go with the chicken. I used one bottle of Riesling and threw in a ton of fruit. Oranges, a lime, strawberries, peaches. I left out the added sugar because it simply didn't need it. I didn't prepare in enough time to let it sit overnight to marinate, but within a couple hours the wine absolutely took on the flavors of the fruit. Squeezing the juices from the oranges definitely seemed to help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment