Thursday, October 7, 2010

Apple-Sausage Rigatoni

Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Rated: 8


I have never put apples and sausage together into one meal, so this recipe intrigued me right away. It also seemed simple in its ingredients and preparation.

I did make some substitutions, such as feta cheese for the gorgonzola because I'm not a fan of blue cheeses. I also used milk for the whipping cream and turkey sausage in hopes to make it just a little healthier.

P1020842

Overall, the meal had a great, mild flavor with a nice mix of savory and sweet. It was also very easy to put together. Next time, I would consider cutting the apples and sausage into smaller pieces, but it's not necessary because it was simple enough to cut it while eating. I would also consider adding basil while cooking the sausage and apples just to heighten the flavors. It is something I would make again due to its simplicity. It was a fantastic autumn meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment